Carl Witty wrote:
> Of course, looking at __doc__ for a keyword won't help distinguish
> power_series from series after "power_series = series".

Oops.  I just found this:

http://groups.google.com/group/sphinx-dev/browse_thread/thread/be3af56009ba4e58/cfb8e93e5a30a5b9#cfb8e93e5a30a5b9

By the way, I did try something [silly] like

def skippy(app, what, name, obj, skip, options):
    if name ==
'sage.schemes.elliptic_curves.padic_lseries.pAdicLseriesOrdinary.power_series':
        return True
    return skip

def setup(app):
    app.connect('autodoc-process-docstring', process_docstring_cython)
    app.connect('autodoc-process-docstring', process_docstring_module_title)
    app.connect('autodoc-skip-member', skippy)

in builder.py, but the name argument is not fully-qualified in v0.5.1.
Looking at around line 540 of autodoc.py, I think

    skip_user = self.env.app.emit_firstresult(
        'autodoc-skip-member', what, membername, member, skip, self.options)

should instead use

full_membername = fullname + '.' + membername

which is defined a bit later.

The v0.6x documentation, at least, mentions a FQON (O = object).