On Apr 24, 9:25 am, John Cremona <john.crem...@gmail.com> wrote:
> I agree with all of this -- there are plenty of underscored functions
> which should be in the ref manual.  If nothing else, then the __init__
> functions of classes.  When restifying files I have made sure that all
> the EXAMPLES:: from __init__ functions are copied into the class's own
> docstring since then they do appear in the ref manual.
>
> John

In case underscored methods are not added to the reference manual any
time soon, I've been working on a patch for the developer's guide
suggesting exactly what you do: put the bulk of the documentation in
the class's docstring, not in the __init__ docstring.  See

<http://trac.sagemath.org/sage_trac/ticket/5588>.

  John