That is weird. Unfortunately I don't have a 64bit OS to test it.
Processing JS is just a parser that parses processing (java) code and
runs it as JS. I tried to write everything in JS but its major pain in
the butt, since js has very weird way of doing classes (they are not
even called classes). However, the parsing is done once when the code
is loaded, so shouldn't affect the performance. My guess is that 64bit
linux Firefox has some js issues. How does it handle intensive JS
computations like :

http://www.chiptune.com/starfield/starfield.html

Btw, I finished the rudimentary version of the live editor.

http://www.math.uiuc.edu/~rkirov2/processing/grapheditor_live.html

Click the "live" checkbox to see the vertices rearrange is real time.
My implementation is quite simplistic (no real physics here). I am
also trying to make vertices repel each other (not done yet). I would
like to see a good reference on how to handle graph viz in real-time
if anyone has something.

Not sure if this project can ever be made stable/mainstream enough be
bundled with SAGE (it won't work with IE for example). However even at
the moment the website, itself has the capability (with a bit of copy/
pasting) of "linking" up with SAGE, to make the construction/
visualization of a simple graphs easier. Hopefully, it can help some
graph theorists.

Rado