On May 14, 12:42 am, Brian Granger <ellisonbg....@gmail.com> wrote:
> > As is Sage doesn't even build if you do a straight up framework build.
> > This can and will be fixed, but if I have learned one thing about
> > FrameWorks on OSX is to avoid them whenever possible, i.e that
> > absolute crap issue with the IOKit and libpng has scared me for
> > life ;)
>
> What are the current issues with the framework build?

There is an issue with cvxopt.

>   A while back I
> had a framework python build in sage that worked fine.  But maybe
> there was something I was missing or that I didn't take into account.
> Also, what libpng and IOkit issues are you referring to?

We build our own libpng.dylib. Apple has some modified libpng inside
IOKit somewhere. For various reasons Apple's linker decides to use the
libpng from the IOKit when frameworks are involved. The solution was
fixed by using libpng12.dylib in Sage and fixing all spkgs to link
against that dylib.

To this day it pisses me off to no end that Apple was so idiotic to
modify a library like libpng in an incompatible way and not send the
fixes upstream/rename the library.  Another thing about libpng by
Apple: They provide libPng.h - notice the difference? That leads to
all kinds of fun when using filesystems with non-default properties
either by Apple or god forbid something like an NFS mount from a non-
Apple server. Sigh.

> Cheers,
>
> Brian

Cheers,