On May 15, 2:47 am, Robert Bradshaw <rober...@math.washington.edu>
wrote:
> On May 14, 2009, at 11:28 PM, mabshoff wrote:

<SNIP>

> > Info like this should not go into trac, but on a wiki page. If you
> > want to see what has changed between revisions on the wiki it is
> > tedious at best.

I obviously meant trac being tedious.

> Looking at the last "changed description" ticket modification, I now
> heartily agree. However, I am very glad that this is up at all.

Absolutely.

And you can even see the diffs for the description field, i.e.

  http://trac.sagemath.org/sage_trac/ticket/5891?action=diff&version=10

You will notice that most changes are simple formatting and/or white
space changes, but that is next to impossible to tell from the trac
emails I get. Everything under "Current status:" should be moved to a
wiki page ASAP IMHO. Judging from the ToDo list this isn't even close
to being done, even considering the likely work that will go into this
at SD 15.

Other things will also happen before this patch is merged, i.e. the
Abelian group rewrite with William's new code that is taking lower
priority over new symbolics at the moment - otherwise I assume it
would have made it into Sage 4.0.

> - Robert

Cheers,

Michael