On Fri, May 15, 2009 at 02:57:27AM -0700, mabshoff wrote:
> > > Info like this should not go into trac, but on a wiki page. If you
> > > want to see what has changed between revisions on trac it is
> > > tedious at best.

By popular demand, this is now:

http://sagetrac.org/sage_trac/wiki/CategoriesRoadMap

(on the trac wiki, so as to have nice links to the tickets)

> You will notice that most changes are simple formatting and/or white
> space changes, but that is next to impossible to tell from the trac
> emails I get.

Yeah sorry, I should have used preview when debugging the ReST markup.

> Judging from the ToDo list this isn't even close to being done, even
> considering the likely work that will go into this at SD 15.

Please check out the list again:

 - A lot of the items are long run things that should be cleaned up or
   improved at some point, but that do the job for the moment. I
   marked them as such. If we wait for everything to be perfect, this
   will never go in.

 - I added today a proof-of-concept example of using categories with
   cython classes

 - All the renaming thingies should be quick once the decisions are taken

I tend to be overoptimistic, but I think most of the work can be done
at SD 15.

One year ago we got a strong promise for help with the migration of
Sage-Combinat. Volunteers and experts, now is the time when we really
need you!

Cheers,
                                Nicolas

PS: btw: my trip to France is cancelled; so I'll probably leave
Seattle a bit later, say Saturday or Sunday.

http://Nicolas.Thiery.name/