> Hmm, probably my reason for having tabs is bad, and should be fixed in
> the first place by having the right feature.

Yes, this is not a good use for tabs :)

> Here is my use case.  I
> like to have comments in my tests neatly aligned:
>
>   sage: foo                   # todo: ...
>   sage: bar                   # done!
>   sage: ...                   # blah
>
> Since <tab> is not available for this in docstrings, I took the (bad)
> habit of using C-q C-j to get those alignments quickly.
>
> Any suggestion of variant that would do the same as C-q C-j, but only
> using spaces?

For me, C-q C-j is quoted-insert and then newline.  So it doesn't do
for me anything to do with tabs or moving the point to the right.  It
would be easy to make a function that does what you want, though --
why don't you do that?

>> Thanks for the reports!
>
> Thanks for the upcoming fix :-)

http://wiki.sagemath.org/sage-mode?action=AttachFile&do=get&target=sage-mode-0.6-nt.spkg

is an experimental package, just for you :)  Can you try it out?

Nick