On Fri, Jun 12, 2009 at 04:38:56AM -0400, William Stein wrote:
> >> I think a Sage Days dedicated to representation theory might be a good
> >> idea,
> >> where the goal would be to implement: computation of the representation
> >> theory
> >> of finite groups, finite semigroups, finite dimensional algebras (quivers
> >> with
> >> relations), ....
> >
> > I am all up for this!
> >
> > Would this be an interesting topic for the Sage days at CIRM in March
> > 2010? Or do you think this is too far ahead?
>
> Certainly improving representation theory in Sage would be a great
> choice of topic.  I hope we don't have to wait an entire year for the
> above sketched functionality to happen though.

I guess all I am saying is that my little I, most likely won't be able
to attend/organize such a meeting before that (back to teaching
constraints). But this does not prevent work on the subject before
(that's certainly will be one of the topics at FPSAC) nor prevent
others to organize such Sage days!

Cheers,
                                Nicolas
http://Nicolas.Thiery.name/