On Mon, Jun 8, 2009 at 1:38 PM, Rado <rki...@gmail.com> wrote:

>> XX. Coding Theory
>>
>>   * Algebraic-Geometric codes -- I'm sure we're missing a lot
>>
>> PROJECT: Implement standard range of AG codes.  Requires more
>> algebraic curve functionality, some of which isn't available in the
>> open source world.
>
> My advisor, Prof. Iwan Duursma, and I are using python for computing
> distances of two-point AG codes on Hermitian and Suzuki curves. The
> code is completely self-contained and I haven't check how much can
> SAGE or Magma do in that aspect. We are using our own algorithms based
> on http://arxiv.org/abs/0901.2864 . Since its pure python, eventually
> we can merge our code with SAGE. If someone else is working on AG
> codes send me an email to coordinate. No point writing the same code
> twice.

The only thing related in Sage is the ag_code.py module.
It relies on buggy singular code and is not imported by default.
I would suggest adding your code to a different (new) module.
When you are more ready to have your code refereed for Sage (see
http://www.sagemath.org/doc/developer/conventions.html
for conventions used in Sage), feel free to open up a new thread
on sage-devel.

> We are not ready to publish the code, but if someone is interested in
> the results they can be found at http://agtables.appspot.com/

Very cool!