Hi William,

On Jun 22, 6:33 pm, William Stein <wst...@gmail.com> wrote:
> It's not a proper parser.  It's just a quick "hack" that goes through
> the text file and grabs """ (triple quoted strings).  It even would
> break if you use ''' instead of """.

I hope you didn't take offense in what I wrote!

>  Somebody, maybe you, will make
> it better.

If I find the time. Currently I am concerned with a relocation to
another country.

Hum. I already have a function that recursively lists all things
contained in an importable thing (e.g., you give it a package foo, and
it returns the docstrings for all methods of all classes/class
instances in all modules of foo).

So, this could be a building brick for something more precise. It
would work on the level of importable things, but not on the level of
source files, though. And it fails to find cdef-methods, since it
relies on Python's introspection.

> Precise bug reports would help a lot too, actually.

Here is the thing with ngens:
    def ngens (self):
        """
        Return the number of generators of self

        NOTE:

        We consider the scalar ``1`` as a generator.

        EXAMPLES:

        We use a temporary root directory, that will be
        removed when quitting Sage.
        ::

            sage: from pGroupCohomology.cohomology import COHO
            sage: tmp_root = tmp_filename()
            sage: H=COHO(8,3,root=tmp_root)
            sage: H.make()
            sage: H.ngens()
            4
            sage: len(H.gens())
            4

        """
        return len(self.Gen)+1

Running sage -coverage on a file bla.py with the above content yields:
bla.py
SCORE bla.py: 100% (1 of 1)

Possibly wrong (function name doesn't occur in doctests):
         * ngens (self):