Hi David,

On Jun 23, 12:49 am, David Roe <r...@math.harvard.edu> wrote:
> The problem is probably the space between "ngens" and the parenthesis.
> David

I haven't read William's script, but that sounds like a good
explanation.

I thought about what my "building brick" for a "coverage" script can
and can't. As I said, it relies on Python introspection, hence, it
would
- work for def methods
- work for cpdef methods
- not work for cdef methods.

William's script
- works for def methods
- finds the doc strings for both cdef and cpdef methods, but
- complains about both cdef and cpdef methods: If it gets
    cdef int fancy_method(self):
  then it seems to believes that the method is called "int
fancy_method", not "fancy_method". At least this is what I got from
the warning messages. Hence, it can't find the method name in the doc
string.

It seems to me that the problem with the method names can be quite
easily addressed. So, I would prefer William's script, since it can
see cdef methods. When I find some time, I'll try to work on the
script.

Cheers,
   Simon