On Wed, Jun 24, 2009 at 5:13 PM, Jason Grout<jason-s...@creativetrax.com> wrote:

> Robert Miller wrote:
>>
>> Other easy ways to save release managers time, resulting in more
>> frequent releases and shorter wait times to get your code merged:
>>
>> * Please include the trac number in each commit message if possible.
>
> Surely this could be scripted?  Just prepend a "Trac #xxxx: " to the
> commit message when the patch is merged?  You could even do "Trac #xxxx,
> patch x: "

I still think it is a very good idea to include the trac number in
each commit message.
It makes it vastly easier on people when reading through the hg history later.

I personally *always* include the trac ticket in my commit messages.
Often I do "hg ci", then realize I haven't made a ticket for what I'm
doing, so I make one, get the number, then finish the commit.  It's a
good idea to help make the development of Sage more collaborative (by
letting others know what you're really working on), and also make it
easier for people to trace through what happened.

 -- William