Robert Miller wrote:
> On Thu, Jul 30, 2009 at 9:27 AM, Rob Beezer<goo...@beezer.cotse.net> wrote:
>> As an aside, maybe the graph6 format doesn't work so well in Trac? The
>> back-ticks seem to have disappeared, leading to quite a different
>> graph.  ;-)
>
> Never trust graph6 string conversion -- almost every bad character is legal!

At one time, several of us proposed alternatives, which simply
substituted the bad characters like backticks with characters outside of
the allowed range.  While this would slow down graph6 just a bit, it
would make it way more convenient.

However, we might have to have B. McKay on board for this, and I believe
he has already spoken out on this issue.

We could define a "sage6" format which changes bad characters to okay
ones, though.

Jason