On Thu, Jul 30, 2009 at 10:02 AM, Jason Grout
<jason-s...@creativetrax.com>wrote:

> Robert Miller wrote:
> > On Thu, Jul 30, 2009 at 9:27 AM, Rob Beezer<goo...@beezer.cotse.net>
> wrote:
> >> As an aside, maybe the graph6 format doesn't work so well in Trac? The
> >> back-ticks seem to have disappeared, leading to quite a different
> >> graph.  ;-)
> >
> > Never trust graph6 string conversion -- almost every bad character is
> legal!
>

> At one time, several of us proposed alternatives, which simply
> substituted the bad characters like backticks with characters outside of
> the allowed range.  While this would slow down graph6 just a bit, it
> would make it way more convenient.
>
> However, we might have to have B. McKay on board for this, and I believe
> he has already spoken out on this issue.

What did he say?  I've only seen him speak on the History Channel
(seriously).

> We could define a "sage6" format which changes bad characters to okay
> ones, though.

+1  That would be awesome!    For example, I tried to post the graph6 in
from the top of this message to my Sage install running in a screen session,
and it was a disaster for me (since I use ` as my screen escape code).

William