As a sage user and an engineer I would rather use gEDA for this stuff.
Granted it doesn't have capacitance/inductance meters built into it
but you don't really use those outside of school.

The current crop of opensource SPICE and Microcap style engines for
circuit simulation do a very good job and are much faster than
anything written in java or that use SAGE could ever be.

--
http://www.coe.neu.edu/~efoss/
http://evanfoss.googlepages.com/