This seems a good enough time to ask: I'd like to use Notebook where
instead of using FCKEditor to typeset inter-cell rich text, one could
type latex in-browser. A latex2html converter would then operate on
those HTML cells. This way, one could imagine writing an entire thesis
or book chapter in Notebook, with the relevant cells right in it, and
export it to html or pdf (as in literate programming). To make it
appropriate for journal articles, it would need to omit the cells and
outputs.

Given that I can typeset Latex in the code cells themselves, this is
probably not too distant but will probably percolate in my head for a
few years, so if anyone has any inclination to go down this route, I'd
love to hear about it.