2009/8/18 Minh Nguyen <nguyenmi...@gmail.com>:

> Hi Alexander,
>
> On Tue, Aug 18, 2009 at 10:42 PM, Alexander
> Dreyer<jan.alexander.dre...@googlemail.com> wrote:
>>
>> Hello Martin, hello Dave,
>>
>>> Alright, thanks for checking this. I've CCed Alexander so he can tell me
>>> what
>>> he did back then and I can do it too
>> as far as I can see it from the package, the patch is included. So
>> maybe, my fix fails for some reason. Is there somewhere on t2 an
>> experimental Solaris build of sage, where I can start with?
>
> I usually build each release of Sage on t2 in
>
> /scratch/mvngu
>
> The latest build is for Sage 4.1.1. The compilation failed when the
> build script tried to build the package sage-4.1.1.spkg. So you can
> use that (failed) build if you want. I have made my scratch directory
>
> /scratch/mvngu
>
> with permission 777 so *anyone* on t2 can do whatever they like with
> it. Another option is to build your own version under /scratch and
> work from there.
>
> --
> Regards
> Minh Van Nguyen

I'd just add that Minh's build on 't2' successfully installed
PolyBoRi, so if
/scratch/mvngu/sage-4.1.1/spkg/installed/polybori-0.5rc.p9 is removed,
and the new version of polybori added to spkg/standard, it should
build.

This issue with the Sun compiler being picked up in preference to g++
is annoying. It was that which caused the faillure on Minh's build. I
have got around this, by temporarily renaming /opt/SUNWspro to
something else, but I'm reluctant to do that too often.

The Sage install makefile defines CXX to be g++ so no code should ignore that.

Dave