Alexander Dreyer wrote:
> Hello,
>> In order to obey this, the following lines should be added to
>> patch/custom.py:
> ok, that seems to fix it indeed. I've attached to corresponding
> custom.py to the trac ticket.
>
> Regards,
>   Alexander

Can you post a link to the spkg. I've installed Sun Studio 12 update 1
on my machine at home, which installs the Sun compilers in a different
directory to on 't2'. For some reason Sun changed the default from
/opt/SWUNspro which they have used for years, to /opt/sunstudio12.1

I note that this also add '-m64' as a linker flag if SAGE64 is set to
'yes'. Looking at one .spkg (not your latest), I see in one of the patches:

-opts.Add('LINKFLAGS', "Linker flags", ['-s'], converter = Split)
+#The following linker flags causes the build to fail on OSX 10.4, but
works on 10.5
+# opts.Add('LINKFLAGS', "Linker flags", ['-s'], converter = Split)
+# Instead we add "-m64" in case we build on multiarch in  64 bit mode
(OSX now, Solaris later)
+if os.environ['SAGE64'] == "yes":
+         opts.Add('LINKFLAGS', "Linker flags", ['-m64'], converter = Split)
+#End modifications
  opts.Add('LIBS', 'custom libraries needed for build', [], converter =
Split)

But to my knowledge, there is no such linker flag as '-m64', either with
the GNU or Sun linkers. The Sun linker support '-64' but this is rarely
needed, as the linker is normally able to determine if a 64-bit library
or executable is needed based on whether the objects files are 32 or
64-bit. The only exception I'm aware of is when one builds a shared
library from a static library. I don't see anything even remotely
similar with the GNU linker. I've just looked on an OSX box, and don't
see any such option there either.

bsd:~ kirkby$ man ld | grep m64
bsd:~ kirkby$ uname -a
Darwin bsd.local 9.8.0 Darwin Kernel Version 9.8.0: Wed Jul 15 16:55:01
PDT 2009; root:xnu-1228.15.4~1/RELEASE_I386 i386