Hi,

Just a suggestion: The Sage project should set up a site analogous to
The Mathworks FileExchange, where Sage users can exchange categorized
scripts, compiled files, etc designed to solve specific problems.
People can rate and comment on others' submissions, make requests,
link documentation or external resources, etc.

This would be immensely useful for both users and for Sage
development. Quality peer reviewed code can be made part of the Sage
distribution. The user base is also expanded because of Sage becoming
more useful to the general public through specific examples and
problem solutions. Users have a chance to contribute their work and
get acknowledged. People meet other people interested in their area of
application, resulting in more collaboration.

Unfortunately, I don't know of software that allows one to run a site
like FileExchange. If you have any suggestions, I'm all "ears". I will
help set up such a site and perhaps moderate it if the Sage team asks
me to.

Best wishes

Hazem