Hi Matthew,

Glad to see someone else interested in the same idea. I prefer not to
get into assembling/building software myself to do the job, but would
like to use a packaged solution, preferably open source. One issue is
that I don't have the skill or the inclination, and another reason is
long-term maintainability. I've been thinking about doing a survey of
CMS and bulletin-board software to see if any have the features that
we require (I am modeling our requirements on The Mathworks
FileExchange). Didn't know what Turbogears was until I looked it up
just now. "Web application framework" is a new concept to me and seems
a little intimidating. You're more than welcome to take over the
technical aspects or help guide me.

I don't know how much effort would be required to run a Sage
FileExchange, and so I am glad that there is more than one person
willing to help. I'd be very interested in helping set it up, and
paying for hosting if that's required. I am not so sure about a
continuous long-term committment to moderate and maintain the site.

Let me know your ideas,

regards,

Hazem