http://sagetrac.org/sage_trac/ticket/6579

documents a problem which will occur if one tries to build Sage using
gcc on 't2', or any other Solaris box I have tried on. One has to
manually comment out lines 258, 259 and 428 of the file
$SAGE_HOME/local/include/pari/paripriv.h

I personally don't know how to fix this issue. Nobody I'm aware of has
looked at it. So each time Sage is built on Solaris, one needs to
manually edit the file.

What do we do about this?

One option is I create a package solaris-hack-1.0.spkg which manually
hacks the file, and should put a warning in the banner that the build
has been hacked to work.

An easier option is to get the pari's spkg-install to hack the file on
Solaris.

This is the *only* issue I am aware of which will prevent Sage building
from Source with gcc on Solaris.

Obviously the best solution would be for someone more able than me to
look at this and determine what the problem is. But failing that, I
think a hack is the next best thing.