hi, i don't want to add this feature to the sagemath website without a
warning. with google translate it would be possible to display a
translate-bar on top of the page if the browser language (you can set
it, probably the one of the operating system) is different from
english. it would help people to read it in their language, i could
even expand this to work with the documentation pages...
points of concern:
. translation is maybe very bad, but still better than nothing and
will get better in the future.
. more users with little english abilities learn about sage, is this
good or bad? do we help or harm them? does it make sense to educate
them about sage if sage itself is only in english? this is a
hen-and-egg problem and draws resources from our total volume of
support we can give.

further reading:
http://googleblog.blogspot.com/2009/09/translate-your-website-with-google.html
http://translate.google.com/translate_tools

i'm for +1, or a test period to see if there are comments.