Nick Alexander wrote:
>> Note that we already do that for things like parametric_plot,
>> derivatives, etc.
>
> And it's a continual pain in the ass.  Telling the difference between
> a list, tuple, sequence, iterator, vector, multiple arguments, etc...
> in Python, it's just all so inconsistent.  But it seems like the
> feature is wanted, so no matter how inconsistent and buggy it all is,
> we'll add it.

Actually, in thinking about this more, I think I was wrong in saying
this conversation was like what happens for parametric_plot and
derivatives.  In the case of parametric_plot, we treat a vector as a
list, so parametric_plot(v,...) is the same as
parametric_plot(list(v),...).  In the case of derivatives, we do things
component-wise, so diff(v,...) is treated as v.apply_map(lambda x:
diff(x,...)).  Wow; both of those cases are not only not like what we
are talking about now, but they are also not even like each other.  Sorry!

Jason

--
Jason Grout