On Wed, Nov 11, 2009 at 4:17 PM, Nicolas M. Thiery
<nicolas.thi...@u-psud.fr> wrote:

>        Dear category fans,
>
> Latest status report for the category patches:
>
>  - They apply smoothly on 4.2.1 alpha0, with all test passing :-)
>   (This is on a macbook pro ubuntu 9.4 with everything up to
>   trac_4326-root_systems-nt.patch in the Sage-Combinat queue)
>
>   Mike: could you please run the tests on a variety of platforms?
>
> Remains to do:
>
>  - A positive review on two small patches on trac:
>   - #7420: Mike's fix to the seg fault issue (Robert)
>   - #7421: slightly more flexible register_coercion (Robert)
>  - Final positive review on symmetric functions (Jason Bandlow)
>  - Final comments on Groupoid (Robert)
>
> Jason, Robert, please please please! It's getting soooo close!
> We could be done in just a day or two!
>
> William, Mike: what's the status and plan for 4.2.1? Any chances to
> finish it shortly and start 4.3 right away with the integration of the
> category patches? Now that everything is working fine, I'd rather
> avoid taking any risk of mis-commutation with other patches!

The status is listed here:

http://trac.sagemath.org/sage_trac/query?status=positive_review&status=needs_work&status=needs_review&status=needs_info&status=new&group=status&milestone=sage-4.2.1

On sage-release I went through all the tickets and made comments on
their status.  I don't think much has changed since then.  It is hard
to tell how long until 4.2.1 can be released.  However, we are not
going to merge anything not listed at the above url into 4.2.1, so the
release of 4.2.1 shouldn't mess up anything for you at all.

I can't tell how long it will take -- most of this depends on how long
until people review tickets or fix blocker bugs.

William