2009/11/12 Dr. David Kirkby <david.kir...@onetel.net>:

> William Stein wrote:
>> Dave,
>>
>> I'm curious what happens if you try to install all optional spkg's on
>> solaris.
>> You could that in Sage by pasting this after the sage prompt:
>>
>> for X in optional_packages()[1]:  install_package(X)
>>
>> Then afterwards, what is the output of
>>
>>     sage -optional

For reasons I do not know, my mail is not getting through from my
normal mailer. Anyway, here is the output you want. Note this is the
first release of Solaris 10 on an old Sun Netra T1.

drkir...@kestrel:~/sage-4.2$ uname -a
SunOS kestrel 5.10 Generic_141444-09 sun4u sparc SUNW,UltraAX-i2

drkir...@kestrel:~/sage-4.2$ cat /etc/release
                         Solaris 10 3/05 s10_74L2a SPARC
           Copyright 2005 Sun Microsystems, Inc.  All Rights Reserved.
                        Use is subject to license terms.
                            Assembled 22 January 2005

drkir...@kestrel:~/sage-4.2$ ./sage -optional
Using SAGE Server http://www.sagemath.org//packages
http://www.sagemath.org//packages/optional/list -->
/export/home/drkirkby/sage-4.2/tmp/list
 ***********************************
    ***  optional Packages   ***
 ***********************************

INSTALLED:
ace-5.0.p0
biopython-1.52.p0
boehm_gc-7.1.p0
cbc-2.3.p0
database_gap-4.4.10
database_jones_numfield-v4
database_kohel-20060803
database_odlyzko_zeta
database_sloane_oeis-2005-12
database_symbolic_data-20070206
gap_packages-4.4.10_6
gdbm-1.8.3
glpk-4.38.p1
guppy-0.1.8
java3d-20070901
jsmath-image-fonts-1.4.p2
kash3-2008-07-31
knoboo-20080411
lie-2.2.2.p3
lrs-4.2b.p0
mpc-0.5.p0
nzmath-0.6.0
openopt-0.24
openssl-0.9.8d.p1
pil-1.1.6
pyopenssl-0.8
pyx-0.10
sage-mode-0.6
sagetex-2.1.1
trac-0.11.5.p0

NOT INSTALLED:
database_cremona_ellcurve-20071019
database_stein_watkins_mini
extra_docs-20070208
fricas-1.0.3.p0
frobby-0.7.6
ginv-1.9-20080723
gmpy-1.0.1
gnuplotpy-1.7.p3
graphviz-2.16.1.p0
libcocoa-0.9930
mpi4py-0.3.1
nauty-24b7.p1
openmpi-1.1.4
p_group_cohomology-1.1
phc-2.3.39.p0
valgrind_3.3.1

Type 'sage -i package_name' to download and install a package.

Dave