On Thu, Nov 12, 2009 at 1:08 PM, Dr. David Kirkby
<david.kir...@onetel.net> wrote:

> William Stein wrote:
>> Dave,
>>
>> I'm curious what happens if you try to install all optional spkg's on
>> solaris.
>> You could that in Sage by pasting this after the sage prompt:
>>
>> for X in optional_packages()[1]:  install_package(X)
>>
>> Then afterwards, what is the output of
>>
>>     sage -optional
>>
>> ?  This will list all packages that failed to install.  Some are
>> linux-only so should fail, but others might be interesting.  Don't
>> open tickets yet, since I opened several for packages that fail on
>> modern linux distros.
>>
>>  -- William
>
> As I said earlier, I would do this.
>
> It's not finished, (not helped by the fact the power was removed from the
> computer due to circuit breaker tripping.)
>
> Since you do not want me to open tickets for the failures, what do you want me
> to do with them?

Let's just discuss them a bit first.   For starters, what happens here?

sage: An error occurred while installing database_cremona_ellcurve-20071019

I'm really surprised that this fails, given that it is just extracting
and copying over a directory -- nothing gets built.  Maybe it is a
GNU-ism to copy, or a GNU-istic tarball?  Could you try that one
directly?

It's amazing how many spkg's fail...

William

--