> There is work being done on FriCAS at
> http://trac.sagemath.org/sage_trac/ticket/6517.
> The work on FriCAS-1.0.8 is a bit delayed due to troubles with the
> aldor interface. I don't know what the status is but the intent is to
> make two packages.

Ehm... I can't remember why it shouldn't work to compile the
fricas-1.0.8.spkg _now_ using http://boxen.math.washington.edu:29792
(look at the above ticket for clearer instructions). The real
showstopper is the aldor interface. But as far as I remember, compiling
fricas-1.0.8.spkg and fricasaldor-1.0.8.spkg should work. One need not
upload fricasaldor to http://sagemath.org/packages/optional/ if it
doesn't work. (And it doesn't work. In particular not on sage.math.)

For the moment fricas-1.0.8.spkg should do. Just

svn co https://fricas.svn.sourceforge.net/svnroot/fricas/releases/1.0.8
  fricas-src

and use that directory as FRICAS_SRC=... for
http://boxen.math.washington.edu:29792 .

If anything goes wrong, I'm happy to help, but I did not plan to devote
time to it this or next weekend.

Ralf