Its at http://trac.sagemath.org/sage_trac/ticket/7453.

If you want a direct link to the spkg, its at:
http://sage.math.washington.edu/home/mhampton/sandpile-1.51.spkg

Its missing a few things, such as a mercurial repository, but I just
want to get it in as an experimental package so I didn't spend a lot
of time making it.   Any testing is appreciated.

-Marshall