Pablo De Napoli wrote:
> It would be really nice if we can include the new weapper for the lcalc
> library.
>
> http://trac.sagemath.org/sage_trac/ticket/5396
>
> [marked ad "with patch, neeeds review"]
>
> Pablo

I have been less than impressed with lcalc itself. Of all the packages I have
met in Sage, it seems to have presented with more than its fair share of
problems.

* At one point there was a non-portable option to suppress warnings from the
assembler. I fixed that, so it would actually build on Solaris with gcc, with
either the Sun or GNU assembler.

* I note it used the -no-deprecated (or similar option) to hide the fact the
code is deprecated.

* It will not build on Solaris with the Sun compiler

* It will not build on HP-UX with gcc

* If you run 'lint' on the sources, one find numerous variables that are
declared but never used.

IMHO, lcalc needs a major overhall.

I always find it worrying when the source is deprecated, efforts are made to
suppress warnings, it is not portable, variables are unused ...It always makes
me wonder what other issues might exist, which I do not know about.

Dave