I have another question.  I need a parser for the d attribute of the
path element of svg (scalable vector graphics).  I want my physics
program to be able import shapes drawn with an svg designer such as
inkscape.  Pyparsing seems to meet my needs.  This is a third party
python library.  If I use Pyparsing in a program that I hope to become
a part of Sage, do I need to add doctests to Pyparsing?  Are there
special rules for using third party libraries in Sage?

http://www.inkscape.org/ (inkscape homepage)
http://www.w3.org/TR/SVG/paths.html   (svg spec)
http://sourceforge.net/projects/pyparsing/   (pyparsing page)
http://bytes.com/topic/python/answers/733884-pyparsing-svg  (using