Hi Robert!

On Wed, Jan 20, 2010 at 02:21:55PM +1100, Alex Ghitza wrote:
> On Tue, 19 Jan 2010 13:54:57 -0800, Robert Miller <r...@rlmiller.org> wrote:
> >
> > And here are the eight longest -long doctests:
> >
> > devel/sage-main/sage/rings/arith.py
> > 506.284008026
>
> Where was this run?  I find it very strange, because #7678 recently
> arranged things so that arith.py runs quite a bit faster than it used to
> (in particular, back when I tested this on sage.math, it was not in the
> top 10 offenders any more, while now it's back on top!)

> > devel/sage-main/sage/symbolic/expression.pyx
> > 136 secs
> > devel/sage-main/sage/categories/coxeter_groups.py
> > 132 secs

Thanks for the report. I am surprised as well, since I get 21s for
the later on my MacBookPro 4.0, with both 4.3.1 rc1 and 4.3 + relevant
Coxeter patches. By comparison the former takes 60s. As for Alex,
Coxeter groups have been recently optimized (#7754).

Cheers,
                                Nicolas
http://Nicolas.Thiery.name/