William wrote:
> It's possible he didn't set the DOT_SAGE environment variable to
> something in /scratch, which will impact timings hugely (at least
> until somebody rewrites Sage temp file code in misc/misc.py to use the
> standard tempfile module).

DOT_SAGE was set to /scratch/rlm/.sage when I ran these tests.

David Joyner wrote:
> If Robert's minimum distance procedure for binary codes could
> be extended to the non-binary case, that might solve the problem. Comments
> on this Robert?

Don't hold your breath.

Those timings were the results of doing "sage -tp 20" or some similar
number of processes on sage.math. That is the situation in which we
want to shorten the runtime of doctests.

--
Robert L. Miller
http://www.rlmiller.org/