I think the conversion of LaTeX to single worksheets is ready for
testing.  You'll need tex, tex4ht and sagetex at a minimum, with sage
installed locally.  Most of what you need to know is at the wiki page:

http://wiki.sagemath.org/devel/LatexToWorksheet

Download the "Approximating Polynomial Worksheet" example into a
notebook if you just want to get a feel for what this is all about.
(COPY the following link into the worksheet upload URL field.)
http://bit.ly/diWLVA

If you are able to test, I'd love to hear about successes and
failures, especially relative to heavy use of unicode characters.
Thanks, Rob

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Recent Progress:

* I think unicode (UTF-8) characters are being handled properly.  In
other words, if you can get tex4ht to handle your characters properly,
then I think they will survive the trip to your worksheet and
browser.  Robert Marik is largely responsible for this.  Maybe those
who write with a variety of accented characters will find this useful.

* LaTeX files created with sagetex seem to be digestible, and are a
natural for this conversion.

* Better decisions about what mathematics to leave for jsMath and what
to convert, thanks to code from Robert Marik.

* tikz graphics and "\includegraphics{}" both get translated
properly.  tikz graphics get rendered as SVG, other file formats which
are "included" are converted to PNG automatically by tex4ht.

* Experimental code lets the conversion run as pure python,
independent of Sage or the notebook project.

To Do:

* Portable container for multiple, cross-linked worksheets.

* Notebook folders.