On Feb 18, 6:00 pm, William Stein <wst...@gmail.com> wrote:

> We don't need a vote for experimental -- that's only for optional and
> standard.
> So, I've addedchompto experimental just now.

Can you clarify this?  My understanding was:

1) An experimental package addition should have a trac ticket, but
anything reasonable should be allowed in.
2) An optional package should have a trac ticket, compile on supported
platforms as much as possible, and at least work on the supported
platforms.  I suppose there are license issues as well as to what we
can distribute.
3) A standard package should compile on all supported platforms, have
a trac ticket, and if its new it should have a sort of probationary
period as an optional package.  Then a vote is taken here on sage-
devel.

I think having the CHomP package in is great, but perhaps there should
have been a ticket for that?

-Marshall