On Sun, 28 Feb 2010 at 09:02PM +0100, Burcin Erocal wrote:
> After the recent thread about Google Summer of Code [1], I set up a
> wiki page to collect project ideas:
>
> http://wiki.sagemath.org/gsoc10
>
> [1] http://groups.google.com/group/sage-devel/t/8f61382c855ddb09
>
> The application window for mentoring organizations opens in a week, so
> we need to be quick to make this page look better. ATM, it's just a
> copy of last years page with minor changes.
>
> If you think you can spare a few hours a week helping newcomers find
> their way around the Sage library and the development process, please
> volunteer to be a mentor. Most people already do this by answering
> messages on the sage-support list. This is a great opportunity to get
> a paid developer working on your favorite feature request.
>
> Feel free to add new project ideas or more text to make the already
> listed ideas well defined. There are a few guidelines I copied from
> the GSOC FAQ at the end of the page.

I just edited that page to add a project on internationalizing the
notebook, and am volunteering to be a mentor for that project. In the
past, I think Google thought of our projects as "too mathy"; this
project involves no math at all, just Python and web programming, so I
think it has a decent chance of acceptance, and would make a huge impact
on Sage. I also think it's a pretty well-defined and doable summer
project.

Dan

--
---  Dan Drake