> The maintainers logic is clear they don't want to duplicate stuff. I can
> appreciate that. I suggest we approach them, saying we understand this, and
> that
> in general it would be silly to include everything. If we then produce a long
> list of packages which have needed to be patched, then it is less likely they
> will object.

Giving that even the Sage developers probably want those patches to
eventually be incorporated upstream (or you would have to keep
maintaining all those spkg's forever), it is indeed a very good start
to just make a web page with all the patches that Sage requires. That
will also make it much easier to judge how hard it is to package for
debian/ubuntu.

Cheers,
Kasper