2010/3/6 Robert Bradshaw <rober...@math.washington.edu>:
> On Mar 5, 2010, at 6:33 PM, Minh Nguyen wrote:
>
>> Hi Dima,
>>
>> On Sat, Mar 6, 2010 at 1:27 PM, Dima Pasechnik <dimp...@gmail.com> wrote:
>>>
>>> if it's PARI-dependent, it makes sense to upgrade PARI to the latest
>>> version.
>>
>> Perhaps upgrading Pari could be a goal for Sage 5.0?
>
> It is: http://trac.sagemath.org/sage_trac/wiki/stab1
>
> - Robert

  Just for the record. Currently in Mandriva sagemath package, the only pari
related doctest failure is the version number test :-)

  Some time ago I was thinking some other doctest failures (example is
CVT with correct, but different result than sage expects) were caused by
newer pari, but it is corrected now; I believe due to gmp5 [1]

  Paulo

[1] Currrently Mandriva package uses gmp, but I should add a mpir package
at some point; I have one only in my computer, but would prefer to have it as
an alternative, i.e. suitable to "update-alternatives", what would mean, same
major number, providing the same features, and not breaking existing code
dynamically linked to gmp. (I believe it probably already/still matches this,
maybe requiring minimal patching, need to test...)