On Thu, 29 Apr 2010 at 05:43PM -0700, kcrisman wrote:
> > There should be a better way to tell R to build with PNG support. It
> > seems like it shouldn't need to link in X libraries just to spit out a
> > PNG file.
>
> I agree, but I think that's just how they do it (or you can use Cairo
> or Quartz (Mac)).  See
> http://stat.ethz.ch/R-manual/R-patched/library/grDevices/html/png.html
> and
> http://stat.ethz.ch/R-manual/R-patched/library/grDevices/html/dev2bitmap.html.
> Also, from the R-help list:
>
> "Now it may be that you can't compile PNG support without X11 being
> there at compile time, but if you can compile R on a workstation with
> X11 support then that R should work find on your server to produce
> pngs even without X11 support there and then."

Putting aside the build problems...I installed xorg-dev on my Ubuntu
machine, and although R claimed it found everything it wants, the
doctests are still failing. Ideas? Installing with 'sage -f' should
overwrite the old R installation, right?

Dan

--
---  Dan Drake
-----  http://mathsci.kaist.ac.kr/~drake