On Tue, May 25, 2010 at 10:41 AM, Robert Bradshaw
<rober...@math.washington.edu> wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I just had a new spkg (rightly) rejected because it didn't have a changelog
> entry in SPKG.txt , as specified by [1], Does anyone know why are we
> manually keeping a text changelog when the files under our control are
> already under revision control?

Because of "Abshoff Momentum"?     I can think of no other reason.

I think this is silly.

It makes more sense to reject a patch because the revision history
comment is bad.  Right now, with our dual system, the hg history
comments can easily be bad, since one always has the SPKG.txt to back
it up.  So there are real negative consequences to the current
confusing system.

 -- William

--
William Stein