> That was exactly what I meant. In the case of the interface to tachyon, it
> would
> appear there is absolutely no testing of this whatsoever
>
> # interfaces/tachyon.py: 0% (0 of 4)

Though there is some testing of it in the plot files.  The point is
good, just not for that example.

> In contrast, getting graphs/generic_graph.py up to 100%, by adding one test
> when
> there are already 200, would seem less useful to me.
>
> # graphs/generic_graph.py: 99% (200 of 201)
>
> So I would suggest that doctests are targeted, rather than randomly chosen.
> (The
> obvious way to get the coverage up quickly is to write simple tests.)

But we do want doctests to test a fairly large number of the options,
so just adding doctest coverage isn't enough.  The doctests need to
really test, as you say.  Getting in more of the framework tests in
(which I don't quite understand) will help, as would real
randomization (which has been often discussed but perhaps is hard to
implement?).

Florent's point is also very good.  There are a number of files which
are no longer needed (e.g., axes.py) which are nearly undoctested.

- kcrisman