On Jun 10, 9:41 pm, Jason Grout <jason-s...@creativetrax.com> wrote:
> I imagine that after doctest coverage is up to 100% function
> coverage that there will be a new push to then get the statement
> coverage up to 100%.  It would be interesting even now to see how much
> statement coverage lagged behind function coverage.

Where should such tests go? I am not sure that it is desirable to show
50 sophisticated examples for a single function in the interactive or
compiled help. On the other hand, I really like when all the tests are
right next to the body of the function. Is it possible to, say, have
"EXAMPLES" and "TESTS" sections in the docstring and avoid showing
"TESTS" by default? For the Sphynx documentation it would be nice to
have a way to either "expand" this section on demand or have a link to
the file with tests, in case someone really wants to see them...

Thank you,
Andrey