Hi Andrey,

> > > Personally, I would much rather put the relevant tests locally right in
> > > the
> > > docstring and hide them from the documentation generators. Especially as
> > > TESTS blocks often test corner cases or other technicalities relevant to
> > > that specific function.
> >
> > +1 Sphinx can certainly handles hiding of TESTS if asked to.
> >
> > Florent
>
> That would be so awesome! In principle, I probably should implement
> it, since I really want it, but in practice it will be time consuming
> with my (lack of) knowledge of Sphynx and I already got quite a few
> other things going. But if someone implements it, I will be very-very-
> very happy!

Looks like you asking me to do it ;-) I probably can do that but not before
finishing the current sphinx patch #9128 before starting a new one. By the
way, if any sphinx expert (Mike ???) can have help reviewing this patch, I
would really appreciate. My sphinx expertise in improving, but I can't say
that I'm exactly sure what I am doing there.

Cheers,

Florent