On Jun 11, 3:56 pm, Ben Goodrich <goodrich....@gmail.com> wrote:
> I know nothing about Solaris or what might be causing this problem,
> but if you put these two lines into a script called TestPackages.R
>
> packages <- rownames(installed.packages())
> for(i in seq_along(packages)) stopifnot(require(packages[i],
> character.only = TRUE))
>
> and then put something like
>
> R --vanilla < TestPackages.R > TestOutput.txt
>
> at the end of the shell script that installs R, it will fail if any
> installed R package fails to load properly and something informative
> will be written to TestOutput.txt .
>
> Ben

Upon reading the ticket more closely, it seems that maybe the problem
is that some packages are not even installed correctly, in which case
the above would be insufficient because it only tests correctly
installed packages. So, if you know that the Recommended R packages
(and perhaps some others) are supposed to be installed with Sage, then
you could hardcode those in the TestPackages.R script.

packages <- c("Matrix", "grid") # add more packages as necessary