Hi!

There is an additional bug:
sage: P.<z> = QQ[]
sage: K.<zeta> = NumberField(z^2 - 2)
sage: k = gap(K)
BOOM

Reason: Apparently the gap interface expects that the defining
polynomial of K is a polynomial in x, not in z.

So, it currently seems to me that both the _gap_init_ method of number
fields should be fixed and a new _gap_init_ method for cyclotomic
fields should be introduced.

Shall this both be on the same ticket #5618, or shall the number field
fix be on a separate ticket (since #5618 is about cyclotomic fields)?

I prefer to have it on the same ticket. Namely, the doctest of the
_gap_init_ of number fields uses a cyclotomic field as example, hence,
it needs to be changed as soon as cyclotomic field has its own
_gap_init_.

Cheers
Simon