On 27 Jul., 09:17, Sazzad <sazzadbinka...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi,
> This is the second time I've downloaded this file. And, winrar says it's
> corrupted, when I try to extract it. What's the reason? Any clue? We've
> severe electricity disruption here in Bangladesh. So, I often have to stop
> and resume download.
> I've tried to recover .zip file with some recovery tool and it has a
> 'sage-vmware-4.4.alpha0.vmwarevm' folder which is 3.49 GB.
>
> Can anybody help on this?

You can use a metalink client and use the provided metalink [1]. It's
something like bittorrent where the file is split into smaller chunks
with individual checksums (I've enabled that when creating the
metalink file), but uses a list of http and ftp servers as it's
source, rather than other clients.
[1] http://www.sagemath.org/mirror/win/meta/sage-vmware-4.4.alpha0.zip.metalink
For example, with aria2 you can repair a damaged file via the "--check-
integrity=true" option. There are also other clients with a GUI for
windows, but I don't know much about them. All of them should enable
you to get an intact file although there are power failures and
subsequently write errors to the hard disk. Just make sure to enable
some kind of verification if necessary.