On Aug 30, 11:59 pm, Tim Daly <d...@axiom-developer.org> wrote:
> Now apply the same lesson to Sage. Assume that 30 years from now, none
> of the
> original developers are connected with the code and there is no one to
> ask. It will happen.

I didn't read this thread but just about that comment: I think the
solution to that is constant reinvention. Hopefully new people will
join the project and from time to time parts of the system will be
rewritten. Sometimes forced (python 2 -> python 3) or sometimes just
out of necessity (coercion system). So, just like a living organism,
old parts die or are replaced by new parts that do the same or do it
better ... (right now, for example, I want to code a smartphone client
that communicates with sage,but the simple server api doesn't do what
I want. I guess I'll have to rewrite it. that's an example for old
code that will be rejuvenated out of necessity.)