On Tue, 07 Sep 2010 at 12:09PM +0200, Jeroen Demeyer wrote:
> As far as we know, there are no more remaining issues for the PARI
> update (#9343).  We haven't had any doctest failures for a while now.
> The main issues recently have been with PARI not compiling properly on
> various machines, but all those seem to be fixed now.
>
> I have made a complete Sage distribution sage-4.6.prealpha4, based on
> sage-4.5.3.rc0 with the new PARI and some more updates.  You can
> download it from
> http://sage.math.washington.edu/home/jdemeyer/dist/sage-4.6.prealpha4.tar
>
> In order to test this thoroughly, extract the tarball and then:
>   cd sage-4.6.prealpha4
>   make
>   env SAGE_CHECK=yes SAGE_TUNE_pari=yes ./sage -f
> pari-2.4.3.svn-12577.p5.spkg
>   make ptestlong

For what it's worth, I followed your instructions above and got a
working copy of Sage that passes doctests. This on a 64-bit Ubuntu 10.04
system with 8 Xeon E5504 cores.

I do get intermittent failures when I run "make ptestlong"; the doctest
will fail with something like this:

     sage -t  -long devel/sage/sage/structure/proof/all.py
     python: can't open file '/home/drake/.sage//tmp/all.py': [Errno 2] No such
file
     or directory

running the test manually always works. In three doctest runs, I've seen
this happen twice. It seems unrelated to the PARI upgrade stuff.

Dan

--
---  Dan Drake
-----  http://mathsci.kaist.ac.kr/~drake