On 09/ 8/10 07:26 PM, mhampton wrote:
Yes, I would guess this is related to

Looks like that spkg was really well tested in general, but not on a
OS X 10.4 machine.  Unfortunately I don't have one available.

-Marshall
Yes,

The GSL update was well tested on all these platforms.

    * Cygwin
    * FreeBSD
    * HP-UX
    * Linux
    * OpenSolaris
    * OS X
    * Solaris

including building in parallel. The packages self-tests were run on all those platforms too.

I suspect there's a race condition which means the parallel build is unsafe. These things are very hard to detect.

I think setting

MAKE="$MAKE -j1"
export MAKE

in both spkg-install and spkg-text will probably solve it.

Can someone test that.

If there's a bug in the code which means it will never build on OS X 10.4, then that's another issue.

Dave