On 1 October 2010 08:03, ancienthart <joalheag...@gmail.com> wrote:
> I recently updated to sage-4.5.3, binary version, and did a reinstall
> and update of R from source.
> (For those who haven't seen my earlier posts, if you have the correct
> development libraries installed, this enables png, jpeg and x11
> extensions in sage's R.)
>
> sudo sage -f r
> and then:
> sudo sage -R
> install.packages('automap')
>
> However, I got a failure stating that sp couldn't be satisfied.
> After a lot of fiddling around, I discovered that the newest version
> of sp requires R >= 2.11.0
>
> ERROR: this R is version 2.10.1, package 'sp' requires R >= 2.11.0
>
> Installing an older version of sp from a downloaded file removes all
> errors.
> sudo sage -R CMD INSTALL /home/joal/Source/Mathematics/Sage/
> sp_0.9-66.tar.gz
> sudo sage -R
> install.packages('automap')
>
> Any chance we can update the version of R in sage?
>
> Joal Heagney

The R package is a bit of a mess - and that is being polite!

was added to clean this up.

I know others are working on sorting some issues out with R, most
notably the fact the R .spkg includes another .spkg file, which gets
built after R.

I would suggest you take a close look on trac, see what others are
doing with it (I know Leif is doing things), and upgrade the source
based on changes by Leif and others.

Dave