I also think the bit about Magma using an old fpLLL may be out-of-
date. Damien Stehle recently did quite a bit of work for the Magma
group. I'm not 100% sure it's been updated in the latest released
Magma, but I would be surprised to find it hadn't been.

Not to worry though, Damien has been a great source of help and
information for Andy Novocin and I as we've been improving our own
version of fpLLL in FLINT. My understanding is that for certain
problems at least, the FLINT version of fpLLL will be faster again.The
developments in LLL are currently pretty hard to keep up with. It's a
field that is developing at breakneck pace! I imagine FLINT's version
of fpLLL will be completely outdated within 24 hours of release, LOL
(yes, we still haven't released it, but we are nearly there)!

Bill.